Sunday, July 22, 2012

Where to Stay in Siem Reap, Cambodia: Bou Savy Guesthouse

Going to the Angkor Wat in Cambodia was a dream come true for me.  But unfortunately my trip there was limited to just one day.  I have to go back home due to some urgent matters at that time.  The original plan was to stay there for 4 days.  So for me writing about it now is bittersweet.  I have been delaying writing about my trip there for 2 months now because although I want to share to my readers how beautiful and fascinating the sights and the people are, it kills me to remember that one day is not enough.

Well, on with the post - coming from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia we took an Airasia flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia - the gateway to Angkor Wat.  It was the third leg of our Southeast Asian trip last May. Upon arriving, one has to fill up the arrival card and the visa form.  It's a good thing that Filipinos don't need visa and are allowed up to 30 days stay.  If you will be coming in to Cambodia through the Aranyaprathet-Poipet (Thailand-Cambodia) border, be wary of men in long sleeves.  I have read that a lot of them were scams.  They would force you to get visas and let you pay a visa fee.  Just pass through them and politely say that Filipinos don't need a visa.

Our room at Bousavy Guesthouse
Since we booked accommodation at Bou Savy Guesthouse, there was a free airport pick up.  We were welcomed by Ani, our tuktuk driver who was holding a banner with my name up at the arrival area.  It was somewhat a 10-minute tuktuk ride to Bou Savy Guesthouse.  I was so happy to finally set foot in Cambodian soil.  After checking in at the hotel, they served us free welcome drinks and breakfast.  There were also free maps available in the reception area.



My pancake and fruit breakfast - FREE!
We availed of the accommodation and tour package at Bou Savy Guesthouse. For USD16, these are the things that we got:


- Air conditioned room, twin bed

- Private bathroom with hot and cold shower

- Cable/ satellite TV

- Fridge

- Complimentary drinking water

- Writing desk

- Free pick up service

- Free Wi-fi

- Free breakfast

- Free one time dinner

- Free guide books and maps to the temples

- Tour: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Baphoun, Bayon, Terrace of  Elephant, Terrace of the Leper King, Ta Prohm and Banteay Kdey and sunset at Bakheng Mountain.

Tip: They can also arrange your bus ticket if you plan to go to Bangkok.

I have read a lot of good reviews about this hotel from fellow travel bloggers.  And true enough, we didn't encounter any problems while we were there.  The staff were all very accommodating and helpful.  I would really recommend this hotel to any traveler in Siem Reap. You can also check out their website for updated rates and promos.

With Ani, our kind hearted tuktuk driver


Contact Information:

Mr. Horn Bovuth (Owner Bou Savy Guesthouse)

Address: #261 Group 17 Khum Svay Dangkum Siem Reap, Cambodia

Office Tel: (855)63 964 967

Email: services@bousavyguesthouse.com or savy7777@hotmail.com

8 comments:

  1. wow! 16 USD??????!!1 That's pretty cheap! I will stay here when I plan to go to Cambodia next time....!too bad you just stayed 1 day! But at least you got to breathe Cambodian air! :-D heheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes super cheap lang sa Cambodia, a dollar goes a long way there. Plus, sobrang bait pa ng mga tao. I'm crossing my fingers to go back there maybe next year coz I haven't really explored the temples that much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I saw on their website 21 USD for a Twin a/c room na good for 2..per person ba yung rate of for the whole room na?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nagtaas na pala sila ng rate. :-(
    Yes I think USD21 is good for two na. Before kasi USD16 lang kasama pati tour tapos share pa kami nung friend ko dun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pero in fairness mura pa rin sya ha...pwede na rin...weeeee! ang mura ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same pa rin pala Che..yung 21 USD is for Triple room a/c! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! would like to ask if the temple tour is included in the 16usd rate? thanks!

    ReplyDelete